Pupil Premium Plus
Pupil Premium Plus for Adopted children and Looked After Children
The pupil premium for 2020 to 2021 will include pupils recorded in the January 2020 school census and alternative provision census, who were looked after by an English local authority immediately before being adopted, or who left local authority care on a special guardianship order or child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order). These are collectively referred to as post-LAC.
Our Pupil Premium strategy incorporates our pupils who are in receipt of Pupil Premium Plus funding.
Our Designated Teacher is Miss. Debbie Rankin who can be contacted via the school office by telephone or email.
What is the role of a Designated Teacher?
- To identify the child in care's educational needs and inform teachers
- To take lead responsibility for the child's personal education plan (Statutory for children who are looked after)
- To have high expectations for the child looked after (CLA)
- To identify ways the school can raise attainment for CLA
- To ensure CLA has access to extra learning support
- To ensure transitions between Key Stages are appropriate and meet the child's needs
- To be a central point of initial contact for social workers and parent / carers
Please click the Cambridgeshire's Virtual School logo below for more information about the dedicated education professionals who work to support the education and improve educational outcomes for Cambridgeshire's looked after children and previously looked after children.